History

 
After the foundation of Muğla University on 03.07.1992 with the Law No.3837, School of Foreign Languages started language teaching process with 1127 students and  the instructors transferred from Dokuz Eylül University according to Law No. 2547 reporting to rectorate.
Since 1993-1994 academic year,  Muğla University has grown rapidly with its new faculties, schools and vocational schools.
Since 1994-1995 academic year, foreign language courses have been given in faculties, institutes and schools together with English Prep Programme. Prep programme within the Department of Foriegn Languages has been carried out in two categories which are compulsory and optional. The Department of Foreign languages carried on its teaching activities for ten years.
           School of Foreign Languages was founded on 01.04.2005 with the decision of Council of Ministers  “ Council Decision Number 2005/8715” gazetted on 29 th April 2005 and with the assignment of a manager its new teaching process was started.
           The Council of Ministers decided to change its name into “ Sıtkı Koçman School of Foreign Languages” with the official letter of Ministry of Education numbered 4025- dated 22/2/2006 and according to additional 30 th article of Law No 2809  and was announced in official gazette numbered 26109 on 15th March 2006.
         The Council of Ministers decided to change its name into “ School of Foreign Languages” with the official letter of Ministry of Education numbered 485665- dated 15th Jenuary 2015 and according to additional 30 th article of Law No 2809  and was announced in official gazette numbered 29261 on 8th February 2015.
>